Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 380 Auto's. A M&P Bodyguard 380 & Glock 42 380,I carry them doing the summer months.:mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
10,891 Posts
I don't own any 380's the closest is a Russian made 9x18 Makarov.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
No 380s, here, but a friend of mine has an LCP 380 which I have shot. Fun little gun and cartridge.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
PK380 and LCP.

Shakyshoot, I had an 84 for a short time but with the wide grip it was no more concealable or packable than a full power handgun. I wished it was an 85 with the single stack magazine. The quality was great and I like the old style safety. I have that on my two Taurus autos and much prefer that style to the newer one on Berettas. Nice gun.

I like my 92 and wish it was a single stack.

·
Registered
863 Posts
PK380 and LCP.

Shakyshoot, I had an 84 for a short time but with the wide grip it was no more concealable or packable than a full power handgun.
It's one of the highest capacity .380's but the size is very close to my Springfield P9C (CZ clone) which is a 13+ 9mm. And with the blowback design of the Beretta, recoil is much more noticeable with the .380. Like I said, I bought it mostly for looks. It has a nice trigger in both SA and DA, but doesn't serve a big purpose in my lineup, so it doesn't get shot that much.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
No .380s here, I'm like NCG with revolvers these days.

When I got back into shooting in 2008, one of the first guns that caught my interest was an Interarms PPK in .32 ACP. Old story, I decided to think about it, and it was gone a few hours later.....Near mint with two spare mags for $450....:cry:

I think in a .380, I'd still want a Walther. No current production in .32, even though that was the original caliber in 1929 and supposedly a better gun than the .380 model, which IIRC first came out in the Fifties.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
We have a pair of Sig Sauer P238's, a Ruger LCP & a Taurus 738TCP.

I Have had my eye on the Browning 1911 in .380 acp, but every time I take my CZ 75B to the range, I put my wallet away.

It is just that sweet!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used to have a Glock 42. I traded it for a Savage 308 rifle.

I still have a Sig P238. I use it to transition people from a 22 LR to a 9 mm. It is one of the best 380 ACP pistols I have ever shot. Definitely better than a Glock.

I don't carry a P238 as I am more comfortable with a higher capacity 9mm, plus a Kimber K6S 357 Magnum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
10,891 Posts
I used to have a Glock 42. I traded it for a Savage 308 rifle.

I still have a Sig P238. I use it to transition people from a 22 LR to a 9 mm. It is one of the best 380 ACP pistols I have ever shot. Definitely better than a Glock.

I don't carry a P238 as I am more comfortable with a higher capacity 9mm, plus a Kimber K6S 357 Magnum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
If you like the P238 give the 9mm version the P938 a try. That is what I carry, it is reliable and its accuracy is excellent .

Since the thread started I now have a Beretta PICO in .380 that I carry when I exercise walk. Light weight with the smallest profile of any .380.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
I had a P238 but traded it, for the life of me I don't remember why. I now have an LCP but considering giving it to my son to carry while driving his bus, the smallest I carry is my Taurus PT709 Slim. 9mm is my base for a defensive caliber.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you like the P238 give the 9mm version the P938 a try. That is what I carry, it is reliable and its accuracy is excellent .

Since the thread started I now have a Beretta PICO in .380 that I carry when I exercise walk. Light weight with the smallest profile of any .380.

I have one. Long story but the rails broke off

Out of commission for almost as long as I have owned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Broke off... it's been sitting on my work bench for a couple of years.
A little uncertain here, a Sig or a Beretta? You didn't contact them about it, either? Seems either company would service that as a defect.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts