Gunner Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...too many shoot the clerk for no reason...lady killed down here was not even given the chance to give him the money...he shot her and helped himself...take out the transmitter and the body gets no more signals...that's called "stopping the threat"...everyone but the scumbag goes home safely...we carry concealed for the power of surprise...to give him time to react is foolish....

Also...a basic rule I taught my rookies...DON'T TALK!!!! Yell "Drop it" once....nothing else...if you're talking, you have to stop talking to shoot...and a lot of them know it....as a citizen, we don't even have to warn them...just stop the deadly threat to defend ourselves or others to the extent they could defend themselves if they were able....

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...You SHOULD carry, if for your own personal defense only...you don't have to be a lawyer...just learn your states' laws concerning use of deadly force and go for it....

John, I know you live in a repressive state, but in Texas, we can still be men of courage and help other people when they can't help themselves....and you can get it changed in your state if you can get enough voters off their butts....

While you're yelling, he's turning...and you're alerting anyone with him....you're not trying to make an arrest...just stop the threat...learn your own state's laws...I know mine and they're lots better than many....Huge difference from one state to another...

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...I have purposely avoided going out at night shopping or popping in for gas or a candy bar since I quit policing...just to lessen the chance that I'd happen in at the right(or wrong) time...but, lately, they don't just hit at night...in broad daylight with customers coming and going is almost as likely to be a bad situation...it's so very important to CARRY ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE....and YES, I'm yelling...imagine the regret of being in a situation and your last thought as you go down is "I thought it was too much trouble this time..." especially if a loved one is there, too....ain't gonna happen....

To be honest, I have gotten lax this summer...only carrying my primary, but as of last week I'm back to primary and a backup...and I'll not get lax again...you might find someone willing to help yet unarmed...your primary may malfunction...I knew better but just got a bit lazy...shame on me......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.