Gunner Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Great picture Sheepdog! I read some disturbing news a while back that there are a large number of service familys having to file bankruptcy. Is the Corporate Nazi led government not at least taking care of our troopers? I mean you can never repay the sacrifices of some like the Marine in the picture, but none of them should have to file bankruptcy! I also keep seeing all these new charities poping up raising $$$ to help them. This is not Right in my eyes anyway!!!(not that anybody but Ya'll puts up with me, but I am right once in a bluemoon) When ever Ya'll are ready for that necktie party in D.C. let me know!!! :evil:

P.S. I served in the Air Farce in the early 80s and even though it was a little too fascist for me to stay in, the benefits while maybe not what they should have been where adequate enough that no one was fileing bankruptcy. The war puts enough hardships on these familys and we should not need to turn them into charity cases!

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deadeye, I think we should go much past holding a guy's job or giving him more time to file his taxes...when a soldier's in a combat zone, not only hazardous duty pay (pittance that it is) but suspension without interest on his debts would be fine....let the pay take care of mortgage and utilities for the family...let the creditors wait...that's called "doing your part" in my mind.....don't get me started on the way we allow our servicemen to be treated...it's shameful.....families have enough to think about without the damned bill collectors callin'.....makes me wish I was a millionaire.....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks sheepdog. I've seen it before and I still get tears in my eyes.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Very, very moving pic....

You all have touched a subject near to my heart. As some of you know, I retired with 35 yrs. service in the Veterans Administration (5 Navy, 30 V.A.). Throughout my career, I have seen improvements in Veteran's Healthcare....BUT NOT ENOUGH..... I have also seen many abuses of the system. My own son-in-law is getting 15% disability for a deviated septum.....heck, my nose has been crooked all my life, but I didn't ever think to even try to get disabilty for something they didn't cause...I hate to say it, but because of that, I don't have a lot of respect for my sil. Abuses like this are part of the reason that truely deserving Vets are not getting what they need. Another reason is that Congress does not appropriate enough money to the Dept. of Veteran Affairs.

If the government would pay our military a wage that was more in step with what they are worth, then we would not be having the financial problems that their families are going through. These men and women are willing to give up everything that is dear to them so that we may enjoy the freedom that we have, but our freakin' gov. is not willing to take care of them....something is wrong with this situation.

Ok, I'll shut up now....because if I keep going, my bp is going even higher, and I might start saying what I really feel...... :evil:

·
Registered
977 Posts
very moving pic..i also agree that our vets are not taken care of properly, and that the government turns a blind eye and deaf ear to those who secure the freedoms they wish to squander......... :eek:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
My son has recently been retired from the Air Force. He was a lifer and all the time he was in they had to scrape by and they're still scraping by. The medical end - treatment and insurance - is poor compared to what most people have. Yet, he loves the Air Force and his country with all his heart. His blood definitely runs red, white and blue. Another thing, the men that join up to protect this country are very young. If anything happens to them while they are enlisted, they have to live with those scars for a long long time and so does their family. I saw a young man at the hospital the other day, who had 2 prosthesis for arms. He used them as though it was second nature. Both his arms from the elbow down were blown off. The men in my family have served their country well and we have been blessed that so far none have perished or been seriously wounded. There could be some hidden mental issues but the contributing factor would be that they live with me. :mrgreen: Beautiful picture Sheepdog.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts