Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are headed home but didn't get to far. Went 100 miles north today to Goose Island State Park in Rockport, Texas. We are here for five days.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
hope ya took some fishin' poles!

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Johngoboom:
It is 38' long from centerpoint to the ladder so the interior floor length is 37' and the width varies. The living room and kitchen have two slides that open to around 13' and the bedroom has one that opens to about 11'. We had a dual slide 34' 2003 Motor Home that kept breaking down so we traded this year and it feels like double the space and a tenth the headaches.

Deputy:
I brought several. This state park is a great place to fish for the Speckled Sea Trout as when they are in you can hammer them from shore or the fish pier. We also stop here on the way down in December and go waterfowling as it is excellent for ducks as well.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Terry, don't look now, but somebody stole your truck. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thunderjohn said:
Terry, don't look now, but somebody stole your truck. :eek:
Actually if you look you can just see a little piece of the rear bumper on the lower right of the photo.. It's a 2007 Chevy 1 ton with the Duramax and the Allison and does a great job hauling it around. The RV weighs in at 12,900 empty so glad I got the big diesel.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Hope you have a dish....if not you missed a great game tonight...the Giant is awakening in the team again!!!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Nice looking rig, Terry. How do you like that Duramax? I have an '05 Dodge 2500 with the Cummins 5.9L. I love that truck..... :D

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Goose Island is Cool, been there several times. They have a great fishing pier, most times there are schools of finger size Mullet all around & you can use a cast net to catch all the bait you want. I've caught Trout, Reds, Flounder, Stingrays & a small Shark off that Pier. Ya'll have Fun!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SD:
I have a dish set up on the other side and watched the entire game, actually both Cleveland games were great if you're a Sox fan.

Wizard:
The Duramax has plently of power even though I am within 500# of max for the 4 wheel one ton. I had a Motor Home with the Ford V-10 and it was nothing compared to the Diesel plus the diesel is double the fuel economy (towing 12 MPG vrs 6 for the Motor Home). Admittedly the Motor Home weighed more at about 23.2K with tow vehicle. The duramax is the quietest diesel I have heard and the ride of the long box is decent. In the interest of disclosure I'm a GM retiree as I worked there for 10 years when I got out of college from 71-81.

Deadeye:
Been fishing at the campsite in back of the rig and have caught a couple of keeper Sheepsheads and a decent Redfish that I couldn't stretch 2" to get the 20" legal minimun so I threw him back plus a bunch of other stuff I threw back as well.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Last night's game was great...tonight's was the pits...baseball's not boring!!! Glad you're not "out of touch" on the road...

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I've been watching Hockey right now, as the Red Wings are in the playoffs, but as soon as that's done the Tigers will have my full attention.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of hockey to me....I do well to understand bat meets ball run fast be happy!!!!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
i'm still mourning Ric Flair's retirement................. :(

hey that's an idea! pro wrestleing on ice!!!!!!!!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts