Gunner Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Winchester 1866 chambered in .38 SPL. I like this gun, have found it very easy to shoot and quite accurate at 50 yards, even standing. I've completed my usual 500 round break-in of a new gun. Now I want to field strip it and give it a good cleaning and lube job. Can anyone point me to a video for stripping it and reassembly? I found a video by duelist1954, however he is field stripping what I think is a Henry, although he claims the procedure is the same for both Henry and Winchester 1866. What is visibly different is my gun has an additional screw on the left side, forward of the hammer pivot screw.

I'd like to know what that screw does, and if I need to remove it, or leave it be.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
1866 and 1873 are the same gun [ ALMOST ] ....There is tons information in this web site for 66 and 73 rifle ..http://marauder.homestead.com/files/Model66.html ....

I have a 73 custom Beretta / Uberti which is a factory race gun for SASS shoots. I never got to shoot it when my back when out . IT IS FOR SALE with shotgun and or pistols

Attachments

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Always like seein new members get good help! I'm not good help, just sayin!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts