Gunner Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,992 Posts
I've fired aprox. 200-250 Win. primed rds. with no misfires. I would try them again, if they don't fire 2nd. time I'd disassemble them to check the flash hole & primer pocket for any defects that could have been overlooked. You might also contact Winchester to see if there are any known problems.

· Registered
1,992 Posts
I just got back from the range, was trying out the new hammer in my BH. I had two duds out of twenty Win. primed reloads. I shot another 80 Rem. primed reloads without a problem. At first I thought it was the new hammer but I'm now thinking it was the primers.

Did anybody contact Win. on this issue?

P.S. I just found 4 threads on other forums concerning this same issue. I did try them twice still no fire.

· Registered
1,992 Posts
Tried them a third time in my derringer, like Wizard said they are just dead. I also checked the depth & they are perfectly flush. The firing pin strikes are dead center & plenty deep enough to fire them.

I tried them once.
I tried them twice.
They will not fire.
Not even thrice.
They are not high.
They are not low.
They will not fire.
No mater how you go Sam I Am!

· Registered
1,992 Posts
I'm considering contacting Winchester about this, but I don't think it will amount to much coming from just one person. I'm wondering if there's any way we could get some of the people that have posted in other forums together & approach Winchester as a group? Probably not feasable but just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.