Gunner Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
...although, with that said, I also love classic Country [Willie, Waylon, etc.], older ZZ Top songs, George Thorogood, early Bryan Adams, and Enya.

·
Super Moderator
4,289 Posts
I saw George Thorogood years ago before he hit it big. He was playing bars and opened up in Norfolk Va. For a local band The States. His band was then called the Delaware Destroyers. I heard him and knew he was going to hit the big time.

·
Registered
16,373 Posts
I remember seeing Chicago in the Coliseum and when they came onstage one yelled "its great to be back in Seattle again" and everyone booed him. I don't think he figured it out. We were in Spokane at the time and he had no idea where he was.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm liking all kinds of music, but right now, I'm really digging some Buddy Guy.
Always been a favorite of mine, but I didn't get enough of BG last night at the Carolina Theatre in Durham.
The show was cut short by about 15min or so by a power outage. :(

Everything from Skynyrd to Zepplin, to AC/DC, to Journey, to Floyd Cramer, Barry White, etc.
I'm all over the place. :)

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I'm liking all kinds of music, but right now, I'm really digging some Buddy Guy.
Always been a favorite of mine, but I didn't get enough of BG last night at the Carolina Theatre in Durham.
The show was cut short by about 15min or so by a power outage. :(

Everything from Skynyrd to Zepplin, to AC/DC, to Journey, to Floyd Cramer, Barry White, etc.
I'm all over the place. :)
You might not believe this, but I did get to play with Buddy, once, onstage for one number during a jam session he was hosting. Have played at a couple of blues clubs down on Halstead in Chicago, years, ago.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Merle Haggard, I could listen to him all night long............
Me too!
He used to play during the Fair/Rodeo here every year. No tellin how many times I've seen him play.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
132 Posts
As far as I know, he is still touring. His voice is not what it was, but it is what he has meant to country music and his patriotic spirit that keeps people going to his concerts I suppose.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
My favorite of Mr. Haggard's is "Big City". Fits how I feel sometimes.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Cody Jinks performs "Cast No Stones" on The Texas Music Scene

Song starts around 1:37

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Reactions: gunjunkie
21 - 40 of 46 Posts